Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Spiritual Intimacy

It has been a while since I have blogged and God has really been rearing my soul towards transformation in my prayer life with him. It has been even more a blessing to have been experiencing an abundance of knowledge and familiarity of this topic from different individuals and studies I am currently involved with.  

On Wednesday evenings I go, when able, to a discussion group at my home church here in Corpus. I love this time every week, it is a time in which we get together to talk about the areas of discipleship that most Christians don't want to dig through. I feel as though I am going to seminary in each attendance... AND ITS FREE!

Now let's get down to business!

The depth of our relationships with our savior has a direct correlation with the health of our prayer lives. I don't know about you, but my prayer life is in desperation of renewal!  The area of prayer that has been so forthcoming to me is who I am praying to. The effectiveness and intimacy of conversation with my king is reflected in my ability to direct my petitions towards the specific divine individual of the trinity it belongs.  So what are the characteristics of each and how to whom am I to approach per specific instance?

Let's break down the character in each divine entity. 

Father:

John 14: 13-14
"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If  you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."

James 1:17
" Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. "

Acts 17:24-25
" The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands, nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself give to all people life and breath and all things."

Ezekiel 34:16
" I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, blind up the broken and strengthen the sick." 

My father is the the highest of high! He is in ultimate control over the Heavens and the Earth. All things work in submission and reverence to his plan and purpose. He is sustained by himself and requires no one else, and yet he still desires to know me. He is in ultimate control.

This to me means in my prayer life when I am praying for his will on my life or the what's next moments I will approach the father. When I am praying for healing I will approach the father. When I am praying for salvation in the lives of the lost, I will approach the father.

Spirit:

John 14:16
"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever, that is the Spirit of truth."

John 14:26
"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."

John 16: 13
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth.

1 Corinthians 2:10
"For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God."

The spirit is our help, provider of virtue, and spiritual discipline. He is our teacher and constant accountability partner. We call to him in times of comfort and growth. This divine entity is delivered to us through the resurrection of the Son.

This means to me that when I am yearning for wisdom, and understanding I will seek the spirit for comfort. When I am in need of patience and spiritual discipline, I will approach the spirit within me. He will guide and teach me, remind me of the areas in which I am not representing the Father and point me towards the son to understand that I am to submit to his example.

Son:

John 14:6
" ... I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

John 8:28
"When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me."

John 8:12
" ... I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but  will have the Light of life."

Luke 19:10
" For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."

Lastly, the son is the way to the father. Being human, he is our connection to a Godly life on this earth. A divine individual who endured sinless suffering and rendered grace to his father through acting in obedience. 

I will pray to the son when I need someone who understands where I am and can meet me there. I will seek the son to better know how to serve the lost and make myself less. I will seek the son to understand what true submission and reverence to the father is.

I am still learning, but so far, I am understanding that the quickie "Dear God" is effective, however doesn't develop the intimate relationship I am longing for with my Savior. I challenge you to dig deeper, pursue scripture to understand more of what the trinity truly is. All of this is par my interpretation and I wish for you that you too can take ownership of your understanding as well!

It is getting very late, this post took much longer than anticipated, but the holy spirit was encouraging me to continue and not skimp in my writing. All glory to the Father for he provided me the son who asked the father for the spirit to live within me to be a direct reflection of the Fathers love!

Be Blessed Friends,
Becks



No comments:

Post a Comment