Friday, November 18, 2011

True Surrender Leads to True Relationship!

This week has been a blessing, an opportunity for renewal of friendships as well as spiritual growth. This semester I took a different approach to my schooling. School first, ministry second. It has been such a struggle... Seeing as I am not good at school or anything involving school this does seem to make sense; however it has been more so than my previous semesters....

...leading to a better understanding or rather application of what I already knew all along...

When we take into our own hands the battle of prioritizing, most often the result is a feeling of being emotionally and mentally bankrupt. Then, the added burden of stress piles on and prevents us from truly living freely as was the aim of Jesus all along. What are we doing to ourselves. Living just as the rest of America, always going at such a fast pace and never slowing down. Living in bondage to the need to constantly be doing. College students jam pack their lives in order to stay thriving on a constant high of business. That is when our lives begin to serve ourselves. It becomes about the me and I. Who gets the glory in that situation.  

I just keep remembering something a pastor once said at church, "You aren't a (insert career )  who just so happens to be a Christian...... You are a Christian who just so happens to be a ( insert career )  ."
We are servants to the Lord and we are to be about his business. If we began to really focus on the being and not the doing, he would be able to control our lives. All he is looking for is the available.

Today I chose to be available.

Be Blessed,
Becs


No comments:

Post a Comment