Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Be.Real.


What I would love to see more than anything would be Christian young women getting real. Real with themselves. 

So many girls spend all of there time trying to compete with their other sister in Christ to make themselves look good enough. When we actually realize that we  have nothing to offer ourselves, then maybe we will start to actually love people. This world is so broken, why are we adding to the bondage rather than providing life.

This summer I am seeking to get real with God. I want to not possess any credit for anything in my life because in all honesty I deserve none. Many people say this verbally just for the sake of making themselves look better and because that is what you are "supposed" to do. When is it going to get old? When are people going to just be real. It has to be exhausting, I know I used to really battle with chasing attention and approval from those around me, and even selfishly fueling my pride . We are no better than anyone around us, we are all broken. We are not here to develop our  "christian resume." 

What is the point in "serving others" if you really are only serving yourself. It is time to get real, it is time to evaluate our intentions. Are we seeking to reveal the glory of the gospel. Or are we serving ourselves. 

If you want to change the world. Be real. It is rare.


Are you able to be honest with yourself? Ask the Lord to challenge you to seek his face in all areas of your life. Ask him to reveal to you what you are chasing that is harming  how genuine your worship really is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment