Saturday, May 5, 2012

Seasons.Greetings.

“Forget the former things; 
    do not dwell on the past.


See, I am doing a new thing! 
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness 
    and streams in the wasteland."

Isaiah 43: 18-19

"How precious Oh LORD are your thoughts to me!"

As I am soaking up the ending of this season of my life at the dawning of a new,  I just want to take a minute to rejoice in the fact the God of the universe is a strong tower! He is sovereign and worthy of honor and glory!

The end of a school year is always such a time for me to reflect and praise God for the ways in which he has allowed me to see his hand at work. Even though it is not by any means the end of the story, it is inevitable that we might be able to look back and see his story unfolding in such a mighty way in the lives of those we serve around us! 

This past week I remembered just prior to leaving for college going to sit in Jimmy Taylor, my youth ministers office so thrilled that the Lord had revealed to me that Corpus Christi would be my mission field for the next 4 years. I remember talking with him about living missionally and pursing an opportunity to serve others over myself throughout my college experience.

I am so thankful the Lord saw fit for me to get the beautiful opportunity to be a part of students lives on this campus! Are you kidding me God, you think I am capable of serving the people that you have put in my life. Thank you for such an honor. 

My freshman year I spent the entire first semester praying through where the Lord would have me to serve. I am so grateful he made it so clear to me that the BSM is where I was to be in order to learn and teach as well. I have spent the past three years of college learning and growing to understand that season's are my favorite part of life. Not only in my own life but in others as well. There is no better joy that to get to serve along side another brother or sister in Christ or a not yet Christian through a season of pain, struggle, or growth. How beautiful it is when the Lord delivers and comes through on his promise of new life!

The BSM banquet was this past week. Testimony after testimony reveals the works of the Lord. Relationships observed uncover the endless love and compassion that Jesus has already bestowed upon us all. As I stood around observing that the Lord indeed is good, I couldn't help but to be reminded... 



"Becca, this is why I call you to be intentional and submissive to my spirit, so that I might lead you into specific divine appointments in order to continue to further my kingdom."



As I listened to one student share testimony of a simple gesture directing him to Jesus, I was brought to tears, as we surrounded students who are submitting to the call of missions, I was brought to tears, as my heart prepared to say farewell to an intern who has faithful served the Lord and is still blindly being obedient, I was brought to tears.

Divine Appointments.

I refuse to be absent from the lives of those who so desperately need to hear that they too can experience freedom! I refuse to continue to listen to my own selfish desires rather than those of the holy spirit who is so present and available within me. 



"See, I am doing a new thing! 
Now it springs up, do you not perceive it?"



We serve a God who is the business of bringing what was once dead to life! Just as a new season comes, and the tree's and flowers which have struggled in the past season, too are brought into new life, so are the children of God.

Are you going to miss it? Or are you going to seek first the kingdom of heaven. Are you going to serve yourself? Or will you consider yourself less. 

New opportunities ignite a passion in me for the start of another season? What do you love about the end of one season and the beginning of another?



No comments:

Post a Comment