Sunday, May 13, 2012

Work.In.Progress.

I am just continually overwhelmed and humbled by the fact that even though I will never have it all together my perfect and blameless heavenly father loves me all the same. Recently I have been given the opportunity to observe in other peoples lives what it really means to wait on the Lord and trust that he will in fact be faithful. 


Several of my precious friends are waiting for the Lord to reveal to them "the next step." As I watch them seek and pray and pursue the Lord I am just so thankful for Godly women to learn from and follow. In conversations we have discussed what exactly will determine our ability to be content with wherever God may put us. The reality is this world say success is measure by the money you will recieve annually, but Jesus say's that cannot and will not satisfy! I will be content based on the fact that my position, wherever it may be, is to serve the sole purpose of furthering the kingdom of heaven. That is the final goal, that is the prize. Not the amount of money that comes in at the end of every month. 

This week I was on the phone with my mom and grandparents. We were discussing the future. I was expressing that I am unsure what God is calling me to. I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life. Then my sweet, sweet nana said ," Rebecca, you are going to be a momma and serve in ministry and that's okay." What a relief. That is enough? 

This next season of my life I just desire to learn. Soak in the wisdom from those older than me who have been there. Better understand how I can serve university students, and continue to realize that I don't have it all together and that's okay. 

As time get's closer and graduation nears, I know I will begin to panic, but the Lord is ultimately in control, I have absolutely nothing to fear! For now friends, I am just a work in progress, and you know what I intend to be for the rest of my life!


Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "this is the way, walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21


Do you feel yourself content with where the Lord has you today? Or are you not satisfied with waiting on him for the "next step" instead of the entire plan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment