Thursday, October 27, 2011

Distortion... Recognition... Devotion... Restoration

This post is the result of the inability to sleep and the stirring of my savior upon my heart and soul.

This evening I had the opportunity to go to a Chris Tomlin concert with the youth at my church!

Around the time I begin to get really selfish and absorbed in my own little world, God always has a humbling experience not far in the distance.

I wasted this entire day. Battleing a war that is not my own. Surrendering to my sin, and acting like a victim.

Jeeze Becca no wonder you were making yourself sick.

On the way to the church prior to the concert a woman came on the radio and said something along these lines.

We worry about such petty things. Those things for some reason begin to take precedence in our lives, why because we allow them to. For instance; worrying about other peoples business, where we are going to get money, or even the lingering drama dwelling in women that seemed to graduate with us in high school and never leave.

However, if you were to die today how much of what you concerned yourself with furthered the kingdom of heaven.

We waste so much time conserning ourselves with things of this world. We are just like everyone else.
Tonight at the concert Louie Giglio did and incredible presentation ( Google: Louie Giglio How great is our God)

All of creation is worshiping our king. Do you want to be out- worshipped by a whale?
I know I sure don't!

When we allow our God View to become a World View. Our hearts, minds, and souls begin to imitate that of a victim.

However, when we allow our World View to be transformed and developed by our God View. Only God himself is able to recieve the victory of a life he created, representing his name, each and every day!

"My cross before me, I'm already on my way!

Luke 9:23 "whoever would come after me, must deny himself, pick up his cross daily and follow me."
It's a daily battle. We are in a spiritual war! Our king has already won. It's a choice. DAILY!

Are you going to chose to live like a victor, or a victim?

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca these are wonderful!!!
    I am so very proud of you!!
    You can take our Christmas card photos!!

    ReplyDelete