Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Soul Savvy Sisters

Today, In honor of my weekly fellowship and in celebration of a life dear to my heart, I have decided to write about my sweet friend Taren Nicole Shelton! 




This beautiful lady is one of a kind! 

She is our BSM Intern for the year and was with us the previous year as well. Every Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. we meet to talk about life and enjoy in each others lives! I do understand that she get's paid to hang out with me, but that is beside the point :) !  




Our time together is usually accompanied by coffee, you see this young woman is addicted. Actually its to the point to which coffee is one of her many passions! :) She loves to encourage and do life with everyone she comes into contact with, not content with surface level relationships which is right up my alley. I love that when we get together we can talk about life and just enjoy each others company, but are able to challenge each other spiritually as well!




Taren, is excellent at photography! She recently helped me with a little project for our women's bible study. Let's face it, she did the entire shebang! It is truly spectacular! I have always wanted to get into photography as a hobbie and she indirectly encouraged me to go for it! 

Our ministry truly has been blessed through the life of this wonderful woman! I am thankful to have such a great friend and leader! On Monday she turned 24! What a great opportunity to celebrate her life. I am so thankful for her and the obedience she has to surrender to God's call. She had an opportunity this year to pursue an outlet towards her dream of owning her own coffee shop, and she listened to her savior and chose to serve him through serving us! What an awesome example! 




This semester I have committed to memorizing Psalm 139, God has been working on my heart so much through this chapter of the bible! I read it often, and am slowly absorbing it. I need to be more intentional in my pursuit of this goal! 



This portion of the chapter clings to my soul. My beauty is defined by him, I am precious and held by the creator of the universe! Wow, so thankful for that promise! He knew me before I was born, he knew all the places I would live, all the places I would struggle, and all the areas of my life would bring him joy! Good stuff people, especially for the girl who struggles with insecurity!

I hope your day is blessed and filled with peace!
Stay Classy,
Becks

3 comments:

  1. I love you so much friend! You are one of the greatest gifts in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca! I love your blog. So encouraging and uplifting! You are an awesome woman :)

    P.S. Your "blog pictures" look exactly how I pictured a blog picture looking!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Connie: You are precious my dear friend! I have been praying for you, so thankful to see than your Disease is not what conquerors you! I love you

    @Taren: I love your blog! By the time you read this i will have changed everything! I am learning, and thanks, It's getting me more excited to learn more about my new camera!

    ReplyDelete